Registration closes October 3rd!
Statement on COVID
As an outdoor event with riders spread out over the open road and air, cycling is an excellent option for recreation and exercise during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, when riders are off the bike there is a greater risk of being in close proximity to others and an increased risk of transmission. Given the recent surge in COVID-19 cases due to the Delta varian, the Santa Fe Century Committee deems it necessary to take reasonable steps to mitigate for COVID-19 transmission at out event and to protect the health and safety of riders, volunteers, staff, and the Santa Fe community. As such, the Santa Fe Century is making the following changes to our event:
- Masks are a required anytime riders are off the bike. This includes at the venue in the Railyard and at rest stops. When lining up for the start of the ride, riders must wear their mask until they start the ride.
- You MUST be wearing a mask to claim your packet and/or merchandise.
Registration and late packet pick up
- All participants are strongly encouraged to register by September 19th in order to have their packet mailed to them. The more people that have their packet mailed, the fewer that will need to attend late packet pick up on Saturday and Sunday.
- All Gran and Medio Fondo riders will need to pick up their packets and timing chips at the Railyard on Saturday or Sunday.
- REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE on Sunday, October 3rd at 11:59pm. This will allow us to have custom bib numbers and packets ready to hand out for all who did not receive them in the mail. Having packets stuffed and ready to hand out will make late packet pick up operate smoothly and quickly, limiting the amount of contact between participants and volunteers. It will also give us 1 week to prepare so we can take any additional precautions as necessary depending on the numbers expected.
- Hand washing stations and hand sanitizer will be at all rest stops and at the railyard.
- Additional water dispensers, retrofitted with touch free spouts, will be at all rest stops to reduce congestion.
- Riders are asked to please not linger at rest stops and practice social distancing for the sake of fellow riders and volunteers.
- Riders MUST wear a mask when stopped at rest stops.
- Food stops will be stocked with pre-packaged foods.
- There will be no gear valet in 2021. Riders must carry all of the clothing they start the ride with.
- All merchandise sales will be pre-order only and must be purchased through www.bikereg.com/santa-fe-century. No merchandise will be available for sale at the Railyard. Merchandise may be purchased online until Sunday, October 3rd at 11:59pm. Merchandise will be available for pick up at the Railyard on Saturday, 10/9 from 3:00-6:00 and Sunday, 10/10 from 6:00-5:30.
These procedures will be updated as they change. Please monitor your email and www.santafecentury.com for more information.
- Santa Fe Century webite - www.santafecentury.com
- Tourism Santa Fe - www.santafe.org
- New Mexico True - www.newmexico.org
- State of New Mexico Public Health Order - cv.nmhealth.org/public-health-orders-and-executive-orders/
New venue, same great ride!
The Santa Fe Century is usually the first major cycling event in the Spring in the Southwest. However, due to COVID-19 precautions and restrictions, the 2021 event will be held on October 10th. Fall is a great time to ride a bike in New Mexico, and will offer riders a fantastic riding experience through the beautiful rural countryside outside of Santa Fe. Also, it’s chile roasting season!
2021 will be the 35th edition of the Santa Fe Century! While a lot has changed in 35 years some things about the Century remain the same:
- One of the most beautiful courses in the country starting and finishing in downtown Santa Fe and through the Ortiz Mountains and the Galisteo basin
- One of the most affordable cycling events in the Southwest
- Ride/Distance options of Century (100 mile tour), the Gran Fondo (100 mile timed ride), the Half-Century (50 mile tour), Medio Fondo (50 mile timed ride) or a 25 mile route.
- Outstanding food stops manned by experienced volunteers who return year after year
- Police escort out of town
- Great camaraderie with thousands of fellow cyclists
What’s NEW in 2021?
- New start/finish line venue at the Santa Fe Railyard! Within 300 FEET of the finish line there are:
- SIX restaurants
- THREE breweries
- TWO coffee shops
- ONE distillery
- Finishers medals for all participants
- Team competition in the Gran and Medio Fondos. Get together with 3 of your friends (4 person teams) and win prizes for top 3 teams in each event. Categories for men, women, and mixed (minimum 2 women). Teams will be scored by summing individual member placings overall. Lowest total wins. Teams must be declared during BikeReg registration.
- $2,000 prize purse for the top 5 overall finishers in the Medio and Gran Fondos
- Prizes and awards for age group podium finishers in the Medio and Gran Fondos
- Family friendly and community oriented events organized by www.santafebikemonth.com
The mission of the Santa Fe Century is to get people interested in cycling and to have fun doing it! Our ride is primarily volunteer led and organized. We welcome riders of all ages and abilities.