BREAKING NEWS -- To address safety concerns regarding cyclists and motorists travelling in both directions on Highway 14, the Santa Fe Century has revised the 100-mile route for the 2018 Century ride and Gran Fondo. The revised route will not ascend and descend Heartbreak Hill as was previously published.
Please see the route description below or click on the map to the right to see the revised route.
New for 2018
• Santa Fe Rail / Spur Trail all dirt route!!!
• New larger venue at the Santa Fe Community College - ample parking for all! Cowgirl BBQ and Santa Fe Brewing Company will be providing food and drink in our beer garden.
• Temporary route change for 100 mile rides (see map) is a loop that includes Bonanza Creek with a short out and back to the La Bajada food stop, finishing with the 50 mile Galisteo Loop. The regular route will resume in 2019, after the completion of road construction on Highway 41.
• Vintage bike celebration will return for 2018.
Come ride with us and enjoy:
• Great camaraderie
• Great food stops
• Great support from over 130 volunteers, all working to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable ride
• Great scenery
• Great challenges for all abilities
Bicycle New MexicoMiles of history pass under your wheels as you bicycle down the ancient Turquoise Trail, onwards through the Galisteo Basin to the old village of Galisteo, and back into scenic Santa Fe.
The Santa Fe Century is the first major cycling event in the spring in the Southwest. The weather in May is moderate and provides an opportunity to shed the winter gear for some wonderful springtime riding in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The mission of the Santa Fe Century is to get people interested in cycling and to have fun doing it! Our ride is primarily volunteer led and organized. We welcome riders of all ages and abilities.