Registration is open!
For 35 years, the Santa Fe Century has been held the third Sunday in May, kicking off the cycling season in the Southwest and giving us all motivation to get in those cold winter miles. In 2020, we were all blindsided by the COVID-19 pandemic and unfortunately, like nearly all big sporting events, we had to cancel the Santa Fe Century. In 2021, we are working to give us all the best chance possible of a successful, and first and foremost SAFE, Santa Fe Century on October 10th. We are hopeful that the COVID-19 pandemic will be resolved to a point that large events like ours will be allowed in accordance with public health orders.
We want our registration process to reflect the reality that there is still a lot of uncertainty surrounding the safety of large sporting events and the resolution of the pandemic while also allowing us to plan for the 2021 event. To that end, we will be making several changes to our registration process in 2021 that protect both participants and the event from the possibility of cancelation. Key details of that process are outlined below. We could all use something to strive and hope for in 2021 and we hope you’ll join us in looking forward to a great event in October.
Key details about registration:
- If we cancel the 2021 Santa Fe Century due to COVID-19 before August 1st you will not be charged anything. On August 1st we will collect all relevant registration fees. By registering for the 2021 Santa Fe Century, you are committing to participating unless the event is cancelled before August 1st due to COVID-19. No refunds or cancellations will be issued for any other reason. Please consider purchasing Allianz insurance to cover some personal cancelation contingencies. (See FAQs below for more information.)
- 2020 registrants will be emailed a code for free entry into the 2021 Santa Fe Century.
- All who register by September 19th will have their packets mailed to them. Registrants after that date will need to pick up their packets at the event venue on October 9th or 10th.
- No event day registration. You can register online at www.bikereg.com/santa-fe-century/ until 11:59PM on Saturday October 9th. You can pick up your packet the day of the event on October 10th if you register late.
- For guaranteed availability of Santa Fe Century Merchandise, you must purchase it by August 15th. We cannot guarantee availability after that date.
Pre Registration Fees (May 1 - July 31)
|25 Mile Ride||$25|
|Half Century Ride||$45|
Regular Registration Fees (August 1 - September 19)
|25 Mile Ride||$25|
|Half Century Ride||$55|
Late Registration Fees (September 20 - October 9)
|25 Mile Ride||$25|
|Half Century Ride||$65|
We are offering a 10% discount to military veterans, active duty military personnel and first responders (fire, EMS, law enforcement). In 2021, we will also be offering a 10% discount to hospital workers as a way to say thank you for your service during this trying year.
Military veterans, active duty military personnel, first responders (fire, EMS, law enforcement) and hospital workers can enter the code SFCthanksHEROES to receive a 10% discount on ride categories. Santa Fe Century staff will reach out to verify eligibility when the coupon is used.
No Refunds - In the event that a rider is unable to attend, all registration and apparel fees are non-refundable. Please consider purchasing insurance at the time you register.
Shipping - If you are unable to claim your apparel at the event, we can ship it to you IF YOU NOTIFY US BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8th. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Unclaimed Apparel - Apparel purchased online that has not been requested to be shipped and is not claimed by noon on the day of the ride will be forfeited by the rider and made available for sale.
Changes - We reserve the right to change the terms on our website as needed.
Need to make a change, other than what's listed above? Then please email us at email@example.com
Every rider will receive a packet that contains a Santa Fe Century water bottle, jersey and bike numbers, and route maps with route instructions. All participants that have registered by September 19th will have their packet (bib and bike numbers) mailed to them. We are mailing packets both for convenience of participants and our volunteers as well as to limit the amount of people that need to attend packet pick up at the event venue. Participants that register on or after September 20th, will need to pick up their packet at the event venue at the Santa Fe Railyard on October 9th (3:00pm - 6:00pm) or 10th (6:00am - 8:30pm).
Join us on Social Media!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and join the Santa Fe Century Strava Club.
Question: I registered on May 15th and you cancelled the event on July 1st. Will I get a refund for my registration fee?
- Answer: Because we cancelled the event before August 1st, you were never charged any registration fees so a refund is not necessary.
Question: I broke my leg in a bike crash and won’t be able to ride. Can I cancel my registration and get a refund?
- Answer: Sorry, no. We cannot offer any cancellations or refunds. However, if you purchased Allianz insurance through BikeReg (after August 1st), or added Allianz insurance after your registration fee was charged (by pre-registering and purchasing insurance after August 1st) you may be able to get a refund. For more information on Allianz insurance go to www.bikereg.com/knowledge-base/61/Allianz-Registration-Insurance--The-Registration-Protector. To purchase Allianze insurance after your registration has been paid, email salessupport @ allianzassistance.com. *Please note that this is a 3rd party insurance provider, not directly affiliated with either the Santa Fe Century or BikeReg.com.
Question: I forgot I have a family vacation scheduled for the same day as the 2021 Santa Fe Century, can I cancel my registration since it’s before August 1st?
- Answer: Sorry, no. The August 1st contingency is only there to protect participants and the event from a cancellation due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Question: Why are you waiting until August 1st to collect registration fees? Why not just open registration like normal or make a refund policy?
- Answer: In 2020, no one expected COVID-19 to cancel...everything. We want to reduce the financial risk participants are taking by registering in a way that also protects the event and is easy to manage. Issuing refunds can be logistically challenging and we think this is an easier solution. We want everyone - participants, local businesses, and those of us planning the Santa Fe Century - to be able to hope and plan for the 2021 event while acknowledging the ongoing pandemic.
Question: When and where can I pick up my packet?
- Answer: If you registered by September 19th your packet will be mailed directly to you. If you registered on or after September 20th you will have to pick up your packet at the event venue in the Santa Fe Railyard either on Saturday October 9th from 3-6pm or Sunday morning from 6:00-8:30am. Packet pickup is located in the Santa Fe Farmers Market Pavilion.
Question: Can I register the morning of the event?
- Answer. Sorry, no. You can only register online at www.bikereg.com/santa-fe-century/ up until 11:59PM Mountain Time on Saturday, October 9th. If you register before the deadline and have not picked up your packet you can do so the morning of the event from 6:00am - 8:30am. Just show your confirmation email to a volunteer at the packet pickup table and they will issue you a packet.
Question: Can I buy Santa Fe Century merchandise the weekend of the event?
- Answer: Probably. We typically have some merchandise for sale but for guaranteed availability of 2021 merchandise you have to purchase merchandise online at santafecentury.com/Store/index.html by August 15th.